Summary: Under supervision of the Food & Beverage Manager, this position oversees all Banquet Functions to include coffee breaks, buffet, plated and reception events all functions serving any Food & Beverage items. This position will oversee concessions as well as catered events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Training of all Catering Servers, Cashiers and Bartenders.
- Fulfilling services detailed per each Banquet Event Orders (BEO) and Concessions Event Order (CEO). Assist in maintaining all equipment cleanliness and conducting annual maintenance.
- Must be knowledgeable of the AccuPOS Point of Sale software and gone through the proper training.
- Assist the Food & Beverage Department in maintaining a Health Department score of 90 or higher.
- Assist in the creation and design of buffets and coffee break décor.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting to the Money Room and its Agents.
- Exhibit an attention to detail and consistency in every aspect of service.
- Coordinate with the Concessions Workers, Bartenders, Cashiers and Runners to maintain adequate inventory levels for proper and uninterrupted concessions/bar service.
- Abide by and maintain established accurate inventory control procedures at all times.
- Interact with customers, clients and co-workers in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Follow all rules and regulations which apply to the SMG Food and Beverage Division and the Savor Safe Alcohol Management Program.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual, the Business Code of Conduct, and the Cash Handling Procedures.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Must have a commanding and demonstrative understanding and knowledge of all of the above.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be willing to obtain a City/Parish Responsible Server Bar Card within 30 days of employment.
- Must be able to pass a credit, background and reference check.
- Preferred 1-year verifiable cash handling experience.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with minimal supervision.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees, guests and others encountered through the course of
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment with the ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Must speak and understand English well enough to converse with customers, supervisors, and employees
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include walking, stooping, walking up and down stairs several times during a shift, lifting up to 30 lbs. and standing for extended periods.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor